ASAPIO offers direct connectivity for SAP® systems to Confluent® and Apache Kafka® brokers
- Certified for Confluent, visit Confluent Hub for details
- Supports a wide range of SAP NetWeaver based systems, including SAP ERP, S/4HANA, BW, HCM and many more
- Out-of-the-box connectivity to Confluent® Platform, Confluent® Cloud and Kafka®
- REST-based outbound communication via Confluent Kafka REST proxy (push) or direct connect with V3 API (Confluent Cloud)
- Inbound interface via Confluent Kafka REST proxy (pull)
- Choose between event-driven (single events) or batch mode (multiple events, also multiple events per REST proxy call)
- Supported communication direction: Outbound, Inbound
- Batch mode allows multi-threading with multiple SAP work processes
Confluent REST Proxy for Kafka is mandatory for the connectivity and subject to a separate license.
Please see https://github.com/confluentinc/kafka-rest for more details.
A Connector for Confluent Cloud direct connect (V3 REST API) is available as pre-release in the download section for registered customers. This connector can only handle outbound connectivity. For inbound, please use the REST proxy approach above. Read more in the Release note.
Why connecting SAP systems to Confluent®?
Confluent Platform is the leading enterprise platform for harnessing Data in Motion on your private infrastructure. Unrestricted developer productivity, freedom of choice about the infrastructure and efficient operations at scale are just some of the strong benefits of Confluent Platform.
Confluent Cloud brings you the full power of data in motion while avoiding the headaches of infrastructure management. Focus on what matters: your business. Confluent Cloud is a complete, cloud-native service for connecting and processing all of your data, everywhere it’s needed.
How does it work?
ASAPIO Connector for Confluent is based on ASAPIO Integration Add-on, a proven SAP-certified solution and robust framework for many integration use-cases.
The Connector communicates with a REST proxy, in a push mode for outbound messages and a pull mode for inbound messages. The REST proxy directly communicates with Confluent Platform or Cloud.
ASAPIO is certified for Confluent® Platform and Cloud
Since April 2021, the Connector is certified as Source and Sink for Confluent Platform and Cloud
– please visit Confluent Hub website for details.
Out-of-the-box connectivity, with just a few configuration steps
- Enter connection data to the REST proxy end-point
- Configure the required authorization data on Connector side
- Configure your message type and payload
- Choose the applicable SAP business object event and link it to your just created message type
- Choose between real-time / single-event mode or batch driven mode
- Activate the connection
Delivery and deployment
Subscribers will receive an installation package, including SAP transport requests for the respective SAP system.
After import of the transports with SAP Transport Management System (transaction code STMS), the Add-on configuration settings will appear in the SAP systems’s built-in SAP Implementation and Configuration Guide.
Now apply the basic configuration and connectivity settings, including authorizations setup, SM59 endpoint configuration etc., which is all explained in detail in the supplied configuration guide.
Once the connector is set-up, you can start right away into configuring events, message payload and triggers.
- SAP Transport Packages with requires software components
- Installation Guide
- ASAPIO Support Portal account data
The following ASAPIO Integration Add-on components will be installed in the SAP systems:
- Connector for Confluent®
ASAPIO Integration Add-on