The new ASAPIO Connector for Microsoft® Azure®
- Out-of-the-box connectivity to Microsoft® Azure® Service Bus, Event Hubs and Event Grid
- Supports a wide range of SAP NetWeaver based systems, including SAP ERP, S/4HANA, BW, HCM and many more
- Requires SAP NetWeaver 7.31 or higher as SAP_BASIS component
- Works with any DB supported by SAP NetWeaver, including SAP HANA
- REST-based communication
- Supported communication direction: Outbound, push
- Supports both event-driven (single events) and batch mode (job-driven) data transfer
- Batch mode supports multi-threading, for load distribution to multiple SAP work processes
Why connecting SAP systems to Microsoft Azure?
Azure Event Hubs is a big data streaming platform and event ingestion service. It can receive and process millions of events per second. Data sent to an event hub can be transformed and stored by using any real-time analytics provider or batching/storage adapters.
Azure Service Bus is a fully managed enterprise message broker with message queues and publish-subscribe topics. Service Bus is used to decouple applications and services from each other.
Azure Event Grid — Simplify your event-based apps with Event Grid, a single service for managing routing of all events from any source to any destination. Designed for high availability, consistent performance, and dynamic scale, Event Grid lets you focus on your app logic rather than infrastructure.
How it works
- Directly connect to one of the supported event-driven services on Microsoft Azure platform, using standard SAP connectivity technology
- Model the message payload directly from SAP application data or database views
- Switch between real-time event messaging and batch-driven data extraction
- For real-time mode, you can use SAP Business Object events, IDocs and other built-in SAP features as triggers
- For batch-driven mode, we provide micro-batching and workload distribution features
- Data extractors and formatter are fully extensible (BAdIs, custom code)
- Enter connection data, end-point and authorization data
- Configure your message type and payload
- Choose the applicable SAP business object event and link it to your just created message type
- Choose between real-time / single-event mode or batch driven mode
- Activate the connection
Delivery and deployment
Subscribers will receive an installation package, including SAP transport requests for the respective SAP system.
After import of the transports with SAP Transport Management System (transaction code STMS), the Add-on configuration settings will appear in the SAP systems’s built-in SAP Implementation and Configuration Guide.
Now apply the basic configuration and connectivity settings, including authorizations setup, SM59 endpoint configuration etc., which is all explained in detail in the supplied configuration guide.
Once the connector is set-up, you can start right away into configuring events, message payload and triggers.
- SAP Transport Packages with requires software components
- Installation Guide
- ASAPIO Support Portal account data
The following ASAPIO Integration Add-on components will be installed in the SAP systems:
- Connector for Microsoft® Azure®