The new ASAPIO Connector for Microsoft® Azure®
- Out-of-the-box connectivity to Microsoft® Azure® Service Bus, Event Hubs and Event Grid
- Supports a wide range of SAP NetWeaver based systems, including SAP ERP, S/4HANA, BW, HCM and many more
- Requires SAP NetWeaver 7.31 or higher as SAP_BASIS component
- Works with any DB supported by SAP NetWeaver, including SAP HANA
- REST-based communication
- Supports both event-driven (single events) and batch mode (job-driven) data transfer
- Batch mode supports multi-threading, for load distribution to multiple SAP work processes
Why connecting SAP systems to Microsoft Azure?
Azure Event Hubs is a big data streaming platform and event ingestion service. It can receive and process millions of events per second. Data sent to an event hub can be transformed and stored by using any real-time analytics provider or batching/storage adapters.
Azure Service Bus is a fully managed enterprise message broker with message queues and publish-subscribe topics. Service Bus is used to decouple applications and services from each other.
Azure Event Grid — Simplify your event-based apps with Event Grid, a single service for managing routing of all events from any source to any destination. Designed for high availability, consistent performance, and dynamic scale, Event Grid lets you focus on your app logic rather than infrastructure.
How it works with ASAPIO
- Directly connect to one of the supported event-driven services on Microsoft Azure platform, using standard SAP connectivity technology
- Model the message payload directly from SAP application data or database views
- Switch between real-time event messaging and batch-driven data extraction
- For real-time mode, you can use SAP Business Object events, IDocs and other built-in SAP features as triggers
- For batch-driven mode, we provide micro-batching and workload distribution features
- Data extractors and formatter are fully extensible (BAdIs, custom code)